- Not-for-Profit with 5 – 75 users requiring solid general accounting and fund management
- Outstanding price-to-performance ratio in its market category
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office and BackOffice products
- Internet integration and e-Commerce capability
- Excel-based financial reporting and custom reports
Brief Product Description and Pricing
TRAVERSE Not-for-Profit (NFP) provides a robust set of nonprofit features in an intuitive, easy-to-use product. It gives you total integration to the TRAVERSE General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Payroll applications and includes a full set of fund accounting features frequently requested by not-for-profit organizations.
TRAVERSE NFP gives you the ability to improve financial management practices, increase flexibility in financial reporting, and streamline your tracking process for expenses. Because TRAVERSE NFP solutions are scalable, they can address the needs of virtually any size NFP organization. TRAVERSE’s allocation feature saves you a great deal of data entry time by automatically splitting the Amount to Allocate among the segments dictated by the allocation method. The result will be a multiple record entry for several different accounts in the GL Transactions screen. TRAVERSE NFP includes a number of features to improve reporting and reduce cost-of-ownership.
- Seamlessly export any report to Microsoft Office products such as Word™, Excel™, and Outlook with just a click; easily email your budget or financial statements to the board
- Create unlimited funds, programs, grants, activities, departments, and divisions all in one place
- Tag an account as active or inactive so that your chart of accounts does not show inactive accounts, grants, or activities
- Easily track restricted, temporarily restricted, and unrestricted funds and provide reports on their activity with automatic creation of due to/from entries as part of the process
- Cross-fiscal-year reporting for financial reports and grants conveniently located in the general ledger
Windows 7 or higher preferred
Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2003 or higher
Microsoft Office recommended due to deep and seamless integration
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
TRAVERSE has a number of “ease of use” features, such as the ability to access the Comments function from the maintenance and transactions toolbars and to link to online mapping services directly from within TRAVERSE. A user-maintenance function is available to provide more flexibility in configuring available fields. Finally, a function in the Setup and Maintenance function of System Manager provides the ability to globally change IDs for Items, locations, vendors, customers, and so forth. Because TRAVERSE NFP solutions are scalable, they can address the needs of virtually any size NFP organization. TRAVERSE Not-for-Profit features are listed below.
- FASB 117-compliant reporting
- Cross fiscal year reporting on all financial reports
- Creation of allocation entries for Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Payroll
- Seamless data imports
- Active, inactive, and discontinued accounts
- Due to / Due from transactions
Company History and Contact Information
Open Systems has long been a major player in the accounting software market and continues to hold its position while growing in popularity worldwide. Open Systems markets its products in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia. TRAVERSE NFP, which first became popular as one of the few accounting solutions which performed very well on Microsoft BackOffice Small Business SQL Server, performs equally well on Microsoft’s Advanced SQL Server. You can reach OSAS at www.osas.com, or contact headquarters at the address below.
OPEN Systems Inc.
4301 Dean Lakes Blvd.
Shakopee, MN 55379
Tel: 800-328-2276 (US and Canada)