Category: General Accounting - Class: Small to Medium Product: Sage 100 ERP (Sage 100 ERP Online, Sage 100 Standard ERP, Sage 100 Advanced ERP, Sage 100 Premium ERP), Sage 100 Fund Accounting, and Sage 100 Contractor.
Adobe PDF version.
- Small to medium businesses, 1 to 50 users - broad financial and accounting, distribution and manufacturing, business intelligence, HR, payroll, web services, and customer relationship management needs
- Flexible industry-specific customizations that are maintained when upgrading
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Professional services
- Application is highly modularized, so users can purchase and implement functionality as needed.
- Large installed user base provides a high degree of product stability and flexibility.
- Unlimited Budgets - Save historical budgets while building budgets for future fiscal periods
- Statements - Create financial statements by selecting from a range of pre-defined templates
- Bill of Materials Processing for light manufacturing
Brief Product Description and Pricing
Sage has recently updated the names for several of its products across North America. The rebranding effort is intended to more correctly reflect and express the company’s strengths in specific markets as well as the scalability of the products. Sage 100 ERP products are typically implemented by local partners and are often consulted with local professional accounting firms who serve and service their local client base needs.
For Sage 100 ERP, Sage ERP MAS 90 will become Sage 100 Standard ERP, Sage ERP MAS 200 will become Sage 100 Advanced ERP, Sage ERP MAS 200 SQL will become Sage 100 Premium ERP, and Sage ERP MAS 90 Online will become Sage 100 ERP Online. Sage Fund Accounting will be known as Sage 100 Fund Accounting, and, finally, Sage Master Builder will become Sage 100 Contractor, targeted to small home builders and general construction.
Sage recently unveiled a new pricing option for all new Sage 100 ERP customers, Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage ERP Accpac) and Sage 500 ERP (formerly Sage ERP MAS 500). Under the plan, customers can purchase any number of named licenses (one license per named person) at the following pricing.
- Sage 100 ERP – $ 110 per named user per month
- Sage 300 ERP – $ 130 per named user per month
- Sage 500 ERP – $ 160 per named user per month
This subscription option may also be an option for customers who may be using an older version of one of the above products and have allowed software maintenance to lapse. There is no penalty for renewing under the above subscription pricing, but if you stop payment, you must discontinue use with 120 days’ notice to Sage.
Additionally, we think short term users and small user counts of 1 to 3 users are ideal customers for subscription pricing or the Online edition of the product, since the pricing would closely approximate current per module maintenance.
If you choose Sage 100 ERP Online, Sage hosts the solution, applies product updates, and includes automatic backup and disaster recovery. While Subscription pricing offers pricing similar to SaaS or Cloud-hosted solutions, it is important to remember that you will still need to host the solution in your offices (or pay an additional fee to have it hosted off-site).
Most often, Sage 100 ERP is implemented in a Microsoft Windows environment and advanced implementations will utilize Microsoft SQL Server for installs with a larger number of users, or where SQL is the standard. Sage 100 ERP may be implemented as Client/Server or Online. The product works best when installed on Microsoft Windows Vista or later. Some implementations may be run on a proprietary Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM) database.
Sage 100 ERP utilizes industry standard Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) drivers.
- Flexible and powerful customizations can be done utilizing Custom Office to add user-defined fields, add programming to follow business rules, and automatically perform tasks. These customizations are very cost-effective as they will survive upgrades to the next release.
- Users can personalize their screens according to their workflows and personal preference.
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
Sage 100 ERP is considered easy to use for those familiar with accounting practices and has a seamless integration between modules. While an experienced accountant should be able to set up Sage 100 ERP, it is highly recommended that a certified technical consultant or authorized reseller be used in order to fully utilize the robust features of the product and maximize ROI.
Sage 100 ERP’s Business Insights Reporter is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, tool for creating custom reports and uses the reporting in a wizard-driven environment with the added benefit of the presentation-quality output and quick-click reports.
Company History and Contact Information
Sage 100 ERP has a rich heritage that can be traced back to an early personal computer accounting software company, State of the Art. That company was eventually acquired by The Sage Group, plc. Sage is one of the largest providers of accounting software-related solutions in the world and supports more than 2.8 million customers in the U.S. and Canada alone. With a focus to provide business management software and services to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), their applications cover a full range of business requirements. You can reach the Sage corporate office and find out more information at 800-854-3415, or visit https://www.sage.com/en-us/products/sage-100cloud/.